Monday, Monday

take 'em or leave 'em, but for every Friday there must be a Monday. No biggie - but I didn't sleep well last night so I was just exhausted today at work but I made it through. Luckily my new boss is so not a micro manager (like my last one) I can get through a day without seeing her - if just in the hall with a pleasant "hi, how was the weekend?"

Yes, I have a new boss. Same company, but I am on my second boss. I left one Insurance/Financial Industry company for another - that happens often here in CT - we kind of do a cycle around the major Insurance groups, I was with Mass Mutual and now I have moved onto The Hartford - great company, but the boss that brought me in was actually new to the company herself and I thank her for bringing me in at the marvelous salary and "Consultant" title, but when she put a level of management between she and I - it was the start to the end of working for her.

So due to the almost annual re-organization I was able to easily shift managers without having to hit the one-year anniversary. That leads me to where I am today. I am with a manager who understands the concept of flexible scheduling and telecommuting and just needs some advance notice when I need to work from home due to health or child reasons - yeah!!

So I was able to coast through this Monday and leave at a reasonable 4:00 to get home before the traffic.

I had a off-NS weekend but I think I did pretty well sans the wine. So I wasn't surprised to see a bit of a plus on the scale, I am sure it will drop off quickly.

Good NS day today and I know I am back on track for a good week.

I have to get the kids movin' so I can watch "Dancing with the Stars" tonight - everyone enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your job is pretty flexible.

    You know I love my wine too. The weekends do not go by without it. But I usually am able to make up for it during the week. Though the last two weeks are bad examples. :)

     
  2. Though the last two weeks are bad examples. :)
    Funny Em!
    I blame the amount of wine for bringing me back to NS - so just be careful!!